Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wow, praise God. Two testimonies in the past two days.

Had been praying the past few week for opportunities to share my faith more in the office. Then today my boss saw my open Bible on the table. So curiously, she asked me what's the reason I read the Bible for - "Is it for inspiration?"

So told her it's for me to know God more, and also for moral guidance and so on.

So haha, she asked me how I become a Christian. So thank God! Shared with her. =) She shared her own perspective, that religion helps people be good. That's one reason why she's interested in understanding more about religion. in fact she had even interviewed the Dalai Lama herself!

Well, asked her to share more with me about her insights and interview next time... =)

The other testimony:
I've been running low on savings, so need freelance jobs to supplement. Thing is, recently, I had this opportunity to get a freelance project... but after posting my quote to the prospective client, I got outbidded by another freelancer (who bid half what I quoted!).

Then... there was the faith challenge to give towards the church building fund... and of course, tithing. To be honest, I was starting to feel a bit of a pinch this month, even though I've been tithing for a very long time, whether I had lots of money or very little...

So as I was walking back last week, I was feeling a bit anxious. So talked with God about this, and shared my problem with Him. He reminded me to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness... Matthew 6:33 =)

So, last Sunday, besides giving my tithe, I decided to make the first installment of my planned giving to the church building fund... haha... of course, can feel pinch in my pocket, but there was no worry in my heart, because I know that God loves a cheerful giver!

Then on my way back home, I started thinking about how to get another freelance project. Prayed about it, and again was reminded of Matthew 6:33, and that God feeds the birds of the air and clothes the lilies of the field! So praised God for His promised faithfulness and grace...

Then! on Monday, I received this email out of the blue from my friend who was helping me liaise with the client for that freelance project which I got outbidded:
Hey bro! Haha, have you been praying or what? My colleague didn’t quite like the work form the designer who quoted cheaper than you, and asked me to ask you if you are still interested...
Wow... praise our Father in heaven! He knows what we need even before we ask! :D "Before they call, I will answer..."

Want to encourage you with some quotes from Hudson Taylor, a man of faith and missionary to China:
"If we are faithful to God in little things, we shall gain experience and strength that will be helpful to us in the more serious trials of life."

"Christ is either Lord of all, or He is not Lord at all."

"God's work is not man working for God; it is God's own work, though often wrought through man's hands."

"Do not have your concert first, and then tune your instruments afterwards. Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer, and get first of all into harmony with Him."

"Let us see that we keep God before our eyes; that we walk in His ways and seek to please and glorify Him in everything, great and small. Depend upon it, God's work, done in God's way, will never lack God's supplies."
Yes. If we are faithful to God in little things, we shall gain experience and strength that will enable us to go on to bigger, more exciting - and more challenging - things. Like going for missions and so on... =)

Hee! 2009 has been such a year brim-packed full of God's goodness. So many things... I could write a whole book about all the little things that God has done for me! And even more than that... all these little things are so intertwined together, so tightly integrated, that I can see a clear direction from seeing how all these little things, incidents, experiences and so on, all link together perfectly...

Dear brothers and sisters, God really loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Would you like to be used by Him too? =) Trust Him... surrender totally to Him, and be willing to step out of the boat and walk on water if He calls you to do so.

No comments: