Sunday, December 13, 2009

Strange. I didn't have any appointment today - oh, apart from the media team's party which I clean forgot about... but managed to catch up a bit anyway haha - so I went to my favourite hang-out place today.

Then just felt something, an ache, a yearning. Realised it's because Christmas is coming... maybe it's more than that... but I so do want to bring a little gift to Jesus today. Just longing to bring something that's of worth, that will bless His heart.

Hee. Been wanting to do some sketching, drawing or poem or some artwork... that will really bless His heart. But funnily enough, I just don't have any special emotional inspiration at this moment in time to do something beautiful... so I was wondering, what else could I bring before my Daddy?

I guess all I can offer at this moment in time, is a lot of little songs. =) Oh, just to sing to Him Christmas carols. I know it's so little, and God knows I can't sing to save my life (I'll probably get shot, and then shot again just to make sure)... but I do know that He likes true songs from the heart.

There's this song that has been echoing in my heart. Wonder why it keeps echoing, but it's so heartwarming and a very powerful reminder to me to come to Him. And it also reminds me to invite others to come to Bethelehem and see...

Come to Bethelehem and see
Him whose birth the angels sing
Come adore on bended knees
Christ the Lord the newborn king


Well, having an über-cüte animation by Sixpence None The Richer really helps haha...


And when even the heavy-metal band, Twisted Sister, starts yodelling, "Oh come let us adore Him...", you know that Christmas truly has this strange magic, this wondrous warmth to, in Ps Ben's words, "strangely warm people's hearts."


:D

But yeah, have been humming that chorus over and over again. =)

Sigh. What can I do, that I could bring to Him, something that's of worth, that will bless His heart? Well... I guess we could pick up a little lesson from the Little Drummer Boy himself:
Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.

:)

No comments: