Monday, October 1, 2007

Thank God for DOTA... :D

Had a very satisfying round of DOTA - satisfying for the other team. We were the Sentinel, and they were the Scourge.

Congratulated Yanjie, and he misheard "victory" as "big tree".

"Victory? Oh! I thought you said 'big tree'! I was so surprised, 'cos it was YOUR side that got the big tree - the one that we cut down..."

(Alamak. Yanjie, you damn funny lah.)

Anyway I'm also very thankful for this game, because after making a decision to see the value of situational awareness some time ago, I saw things in the way I played the game that I never saw before - e.g. doing very 'bobo' things like letting my enemies creep up on me, letting myself get 'sandwiched' between two more powerful heroes, etc.

For the first time, I was dissatisfied with myself, 'cos I know that I pulled my teammates down. And realised that while the bros in church are more gracious, the key principle here is that being self-aware of what I do helps me improve whatever I'm doing. And less annoying to my fellow game-players. And more 'street-cred', I think. :P

And hee, for the first time, I levelled up at the same rate as the other guys. No more lagging behind... till I cheonged too fast and got zapped to pieces. So finally learnt another important principle... be prudent and patient. I think Proverbs talks about this principle of being prudent and observant...

Whoa. The principles in the Bible also helps me improve my DOTA playing! :D God is so cool! Who says Bible not relevant to today's modern context? Haha...

I think DOTA's a good game to learn team and social principles I think. Actually, there's a lot more things that can be learnt, when I capture the value of opening my eyes and being more aware. =) Thank You Lord!

No comments: