Sunday, October 21, 2007

Great Saturday, thank God. :D

Bought my hearing aid batteries, had lunch with Jeannie - great time of fellowship, then shepherding with Peter, finally CG.

Oh. Chatted with Auntie Jane at the hearing aid shop, and haha, very encouraged by her. And she advised me to pray and ask God for His guidance - not only for myself, but also for the sister - that if it really is God's will to bring us together into a relationship, He'll speak to both of us in due time. Whoa. Very good advice - from a married mother some more haha.

I'd been praying for God to speak to me and guide me, but never had the idea of asking God to guide the sister too. Ah! God really works in wise and wonderful ways. :) And Auntie Jane shared this proverb with me from the Bible (which I had read the day before):
Proverbs 19:14
Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.


With that, she exhorted me to seek God's will, because God is able to provide me with the best companion for me in future. That, and another very good and encouraging piece of advice. But shall not write it down here. :)

Amen! :D

Peter and I went around Balestier Town area. So 80s, so nostalgic. :D We also took a look around Novena Church. They were having mass, and we overheard the priest humorously bantering with his flock - "Everyone arise - and let's sing a little bit faster, so that we don't fall asleep while singing." LOL!

CG - we listened to this lecture by the Christian apologist, Ravi Zacharias - "Why Don't I Feel My Faith?" Good, thought-provoking lecture - and we shared our comments and thoughts about it.

Ok, tomorrow House of Prayer... =)

No comments: