Monday, June 12, 2006

He hears the tiniest whisper of my heart

Thank God for His incredible love and goodness and grace to a sinner like me. :)

Ha, because i woke up tis morning, and somehow all sorts of fears and worries and doubts started creeping into my mind. Strangely, it happened after a wonderful night of Bible reading which I think God really ministered to me...

Felt totally pinned down and suppressed - when i'm plagued by fears and worries and doubts, it's very hard for me to get up from bed - yup it's true. So cried out to Jesus to help me from this attack, and somehow i felt this inner prompting to take my Bible and read it.

Opened the book, and hey! praise God! :D my eyes fell on these words:

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Wow... thank God indeed... He has heard the wordless cries of my voice... and the silent whimpers of my heart. So now am typing this, because really want to thank God for all His goodness to me... to "lift up the cup of salvation / and call on the name of the LORD."

Just also want to share another testimony abt His goodness to me...
Yesterday i was rushing to take a cab down to NUS to meet the multimedia team for Alpha to do some filming. But it was raining, and it was a Sunday, and i was at Junction 8. So that means a long, long crowd waiting for taxis... So I was wondering how to get a cab on time, 'cos i have to pass the tape for filming to the MM team, or else they can't film, and they've been waiting for a very long time. Whispered a very small prayer to God that I really need a cab, but the queue very long, so could He send one along?

Then hey, the moment I stepped out to the main road, a taxi came along, dropping off its passengers. Hey! So flagged down the taxi, and the taxi came and stopped next to me. Wow! :D Thank God... am reminded of His sensitivity and thoughtfulness... that He hears even the tiniest whisper of my heart... Think it's very reassuring, this experience, esp for someone like me who tends to worry whether He has heard my prayers... that even someone like me matters so much to Him... as John Ortberg puts it, a "love beyond reason".

Shall keep in mind what the Bible says about this experience:
"1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.

2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live."
Psalm 116


very touched leh... :D think I will paste this psalm down, think it really reflects very meaningfully today's and yesterday's experiences.

And think it's not a coincidence that at this moment, just as i'm typing this entry, the sun's coming in... and He knows that I love golden sunshine. :)

Psalm 116

"1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.

2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

3 The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :
"O LORD, save me!"

5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.

6 The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.

7 Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the LORD has been good to you."

No comments: