Monday, July 17, 2006

What Peter told me during shepping today

  • There are times when we come to God with a lot of things on our minds. We're very tired and just rattle off a list of requests. And when we read the Bible, we expect to receive something groundshaking. But maybe that's not the most important thing at that time. Maybe God just wants us to sit down and simply enjoy His Word. To "[b]e still and know that I am God."
  • "Live with your weaknesses. But I'm saying this not in a negative spirit, but in a positive way - live with the hope that you will not remain the same forever."
  • Constantly cultivate a spirit of thanksgiving. 1 Thess 5:16. Because I tend to be very melancholic, esp when tired.

*******
A dear friend told me today, "I'm so glad to see you," and sweetly smiled. It's such a small thing, but it's something that I really treasure - warms my heart a lot. :)

No, it's not what you think it probably is... *smile* And if I told you who the person was, you'd definitely know that it's not the sweetheart type. Hahaha... but seriously, thank God for these small but sweet gifts of friendship - these are "the dust of gold, panned from memory's streams."

No comments: