Sunday, July 2, 2006

Touched :)

Had just woke up, groggy after World Cup - arrrhh!! Brazil lost!!! So sad... :(

But tk God for the time of fellowship... yeah!

Lots of worries when I woke up today - my worries love to rush me in the morning...

Didn't feel very prayerful, just wanted to sleep bcos I was sick. Just Sick. And Very Exhausted after so many days.

But I'm always so touched by His love - even when He doesn't seem to be very loving, yet I've learnt that His love is more real than my imagination. :)

Told Jesus that I'm sick, really dunno what to pray, etc. Told Him I got lots of things on my mind. Just grumpy, etc. etc.

Then my ma asked me to do an errand, to check out a website.

Then I happened to see this link:
"What I Have Learned From Martha:

[Doing] good is not enough, we must do what is best.
Jesus told Martha that she worries about many things, but that Mary had chosen what was better and that it could not be taken from her. God must come first in all things. We must be willing to sit at his feet each day to get direction so that we know what is best versus what is just good. And when we sit at his feet, what we learn can not be taken from us.

Then I saw this verse. It really spoke to my exact heart condition:
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
— Luke 10:41-42


Touched!

The rest of the article also spoke to me. I'm just very... touched. That He would notice even the tiniest things of my heart. I know He knows, yes... but still it just never fails to warm my heart every time Jesus sends a small word of encouragement every day my way.

I mustn't dwell anymore on this tiredness that I'm feeling. Like what Weizhu told me, "If you keep on thinking you are [tired], you WILL become more and more tired!"

"The eternal God is [my] refuge, and underneath are His everlasting arms." What a joy to be carried by Jesus.



Joy... oh, there was a great sermon yesterday on joy. One of the points that struck me was "Excessive reasoning". It can be one of Satan's tools to steal joy from our lives - sometimes we tend to overly complicate the simple joys of life e.g. the company of friends, beautiful weather, a great book, a hug, a smile, a lovely flower... etc. etc. This point applies to me because my mind has a habit of excessively reasoning things here and there. So I need to change this habit, to start thinking about "whatever is true, whatever is noble, ... right, ... pure... lovely... admirable... if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think abt such things... whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in [my leaders], put it into practice... and the God of peace will be with me."

ameN!

No comments: