Sunday, July 9, 2006

Open the eyes of my heart....

Hey God, just thot i'd write u something...

not sure hw to put it into words yeah.

But i just having this conviction that my life lacks depth.

I know that You're good in all Your ways, God...
I know that all Your thots twd me are lovely n full of grace...

God, I not sure where i'm going. But please hold me hands yeah? :)




Am thinking abt wat Peter shared wif me during shepherding. Some points that he told me:
- Values that are based on the Bible = sound thinking
- "Think abt it... how many Christian scriptwriters are there in the movie industry?"
- "I remember Ps Jeff joked during today's service that 'If you don't like a movie's script, then make your own!'"
- "Media shapes our values."
- Affluence and influence...
- Salt n light
- thinking from the bigger picture.

In a nutshell, wat he shared wif me was abt media... more than that, not being Christians who sit in our own little islands - "我跟耶稣在椰子下..."
but being globally aware... AND having the desire to make an impact for God... not bcos we want to make a name for ourselves... but bcos GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD...

Bcos Jesus Himself said clearly that we are called to be SALT n LIGHT... to impact AND influence others... to be godly preservatives n flavour-enhancers in a world that's so often decaying... not just spiritually, but also mentally... physically... even aesthetically (you ever see the quality of some of today's "artwork"/"media"? just ... dumb or worse...)... So we can make a refreshing difference... e.g. make top-class movies that touch the hearts of pple... movies tt actually show the power of Godly values in action, not just (e.g. grace - Forrest Gump, redemption - the Shawshank Redemption, courage - Saving PRivate Ryan, convictions - Chariots of Fire, integrity - A Few Good Men, commitment to duty - Spiderman 2... and the list goes on...)

PEter also added, even something as simple as a blog to influence n bless others... that's y some brothers n sisters' blogs refresh me a lot.... e.g. Weizhu's blog...

So how do I get started? Can start talking with God abt the daily news that I see... talk with Him abt the movies that I've watched... ask His opinions... learn from Him what He says, both thru His word and thru other ppl/special circumstances, etc.

And it's not abt doing what we think is right... i mean, the old adage "The road to hell is paved with good intentions..." is so true... e.g. the Nazis' intention to create a master race led to genocide... you get the idea... so it's really critical, if we want to live a life of purpose and drive, must know WHERE to go... like a surgeon who must know WHERE to cut... or he/she'll do worse damage than if never did at all...

Yup just to pen down some thots. Praying that this'll be the start of a deeper life.

"When my spirit grows faint within me,
it is You who know my way..."

No comments: