Saturday, July 15, 2006

Came back from Alpha Camp '06

Whee! :D Thank God, it was a WONDERFUL TIME!!! Hahaha... and we got 2 new brothers... in one nite!!! Praise God indeed! I'm reminded... it's Jesus who saves!!!

And last nite we had a new sister... Yanting!!! When I asked her how she felt, she grinned and said, "I'm very happy!" And when I asked her what made her want to ask Jesus into her life, she replied, "All my questions have been answered... and I decided to take a leap of faith."

Also, one of the brothers (John), when Benaiah asked him the same question, replied, "Before I met you guys, I found other Christians pushy... but you guys are different... I can see that God really is real..."

Sweet! :D Jesus is so wonderful... :D :D :D

And I told Jan n Mich abt Yanting coming to know Christ... they were amazed and said, "ReaLLy??? Because we were praying for her just now!" And Jan said, "We were upstairs praying... I heard some clapping just now. Now I know what it was for..."

Wow... praise God indeed! :D

Haha... and also thank God for the MM... haha... it was tough work... but praise God again, it's always so sweet to be able to serve Jesus... have learnt quite a few things, and experienced deeper fellowship with those I'm serving... esp Shunrong, one of the bros from NTU... very inspired by his humility and sweet serving spirit... something that I really want to capture from this brother. Also Eric, for his meticulous management and excellent stewardship... he's really one of the most detailed and faithful stewards I've met... have also learnt a lot from this brother, really learnt a lot from him too.

Yeah, fantastic time of fellowship.... and I want to write more abt the impromptu, spontaneous praise n worship time that some of us had (special thanks to Dom's excellent saxophone n his sax-y voice... LOL...;))... we were dancing... singing... jumping... God! it's so REAL... really could sense Your joy filling the place... really really really really really really really so sweet... thank God also for Qiaoping's piano playing... haha... wow... so many wonderful memories... so grateful to God for His blessing me with such a sweet n wonderful experience for my last ever matriculation camp... esp since I'll be moving on after graduation...

"Many are the wonders You have done for us, O LORD... were I to count them, they would be too many to tell!"



So many wonders... so many joys... so many sweet times... i was pondering during worship time, thinking abt wat my life wld have been if i hadn't asked Jesus into my life... wonder where'd I be at the age of 25 without Jesus...

and... really... my life would juz be rotten, so deprived... probably i'd be spending the whole holidays in front of the computer... just isolating myself from other people... being stuck in my own self-absorbed little world... and never experiencing the real joy of fellowship... with God and with people...

This line by W.H. Davies came into my mind...
"A poor life, this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare."

Think it's juz being able to, at those special moments, just stand back and be amazed at what God is doing in history at this very moment in time... He is building up the Golden City... bringing more and more of us lost souls to know Him... to "stand before [Him] in wide-opened wonder, amazed at the glory of [Him]..."

And this power of heaven... is so real... coming down to bring joy and peace into the heart of every one who will ask Him into his/her life... to take that leap of faith...

Oh man... what would life be without Jesus? it'll be hell... really... there is nothing so devastating than to be without God, without a Saviour...

But, back to now... this present moment... and hey, I REALLY am living life to the full... :D really... not that He stuffs our days with extraordinary things to do (not always lah)... but rather, that He makes the ordinary into the extraordinary...

like when you were deaf your whole life, and suddenly you heard music for the first time...

like when you were blind your whole life, and suddenly you were able to see every colour, every hue and shade...

just some thoughts here. :) praying that these thots, You'll like, Daddy. :)

No comments: