Monday, November 27, 2006

Praise God! :D

Qiaoping just got a job offer! :D It starts next Monday. But that's not the only wonderful thing... what's even more wonderful is how God has answered her prayers and ours too in such perfect timing! Because today's the last day that she can stay in Singapore (since she's a Malaysian) without a job... but now that she's gotten a job offer, she doesn't have to leave Singapore anymore!!! :D

Praise God for His wonderful goodness! :D Really so happy for her... this verse kept ringing in my head: "Rejoice with those who rejoice!"

She shared this verse encouraged her a lot when she was so worried that she couldn't get a job... Zep 3:17. :D "The LORD your God is mighty to save..."

Wow! :D Praise God! Looks like this verse has been encouraging a lot of people recently, including me... somehow think God wants to encourage our sub-district with this particular verse, that He is mighty to save... think He wants us to get to know Him in a deeper way, that He REALLY is MIGHTY to save.

Because, frankly, especially in pragmatic Singapore, a lot of us (including me) are professing Christians, but practising atheists. What do I mean by that? It means that we profess to believe in a mighty God for whom nothing is impossible, but then when the crunch come, and we face minor difficulties e.g. failing an assignment or exam or financial troubles, emotional breakdowns, etc... (yes, they are minor... there are bigger troubles than getting an F for a paper)...

Then we forget that there is a God who is mighty to save, for whom everything exists and have their being... that's why we're practising atheists - no faith in a God who is omnipotent.

Think He's reminding me, giving me an encouraging nudge through Qiaoping's faith turned into joy, that He really cares and more than that - He is able to do the mathematically impossible.

I should know - I witnessed this happen with a cashcard that, somehow, was able to print an 80-cents document for 5 cents only when I was rushing to meet a deadline, and praying to God to help me meet the deadline. And Jesus multiplying 5 loaves and 2 fishes to feed 5000 people...

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40

Think the problem with me is that so often, I do not have, simply because I do not ask God. Yeu Ann, is anything too hard for the LORD?

No comments: