Thursday, November 4, 2010

Knowing the Big Loves through the little loves

... I really want to say thanks to some very dear people.

To all who SMSed me (and spent 5 cents! HAHA!)
To Weizhu for his retro birthday card... 1995 all over again! (And very lame too...)
To Shuyi, for spontaneously organizing an office birthday party for me. =)
To Kin Wee, who helped remind Shuyi indirectly.
To Spencer and Jonathan, who organized a birthday meetup for me. I didn't expect Jon to be in cahoots with Spencer... so it was a genuine heartwarming surprise to see Jon pop out. Both of them chipped in for a Valyrie DVD... only thing is that it's in Blu-ray format so my poor Mac can't read it. Cost them $40 bucks! It really means a lot to me, because $40 is not a small thing for these two brothers.
To my fellow HopeKidders, who organized a surprise birthday dinner for me. =) And they helped buy "The Element" book for me too! :) Yay! Now I can lend it to others since I have my very own copy.
To Huanyan, who wanted to treat me for dinner. A very small thing, but it really means a lot to me. I think quality time is one of my greatest love languages, besides words of appreciation. In fact, think it might be even more than words, actually. :)
To Huili and Jan who both took the time to wish me just after midnight! Very sweet of them!
To my ex-colleague Aileen who sent me one of her trademark 'terrorizing' SMSes! Very sweet of her!

To my dear mum, who blessed me by helping me pay for a book that I've been eyeing for some time already... The Creative Arts: A Process Approach for Teachers and Students.

A lot of little things... but it's the little things that often make a huge difference.

God can give us so many Big Loves straight (and He does - just look at the sky, the earth, the heavens, the galaxies, the seas...), but I think He prefers to express His infinite love through finite little loves... because Daddy knows we are so little that we could never fully appreciate (let alone understand) the Big Loves, no more than an ant could fully comprehend the beauty of a big forest, or a man fully enjoy an elephant burger, for example.

So He breaks the Big Loves into smaller pieces of loves. For the small loves are part of the Big Loves, in the same way that an ambassador is just a small portion of his country, yet represents the entire nation. And so... I may be able to experience in part, how wide, how long, how high and how deep the ocean of Christ's love is, through His little ambassadors that He send into my life.

"His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

=)

No comments: