Thursday, November 11, 2010

Conforming

I was having quiet time just now, when I think God whispered to me (ah, like what Kelvin reminded me - the presence of God not in the powerful elements, but in a gentle whisper) a phrase: "conforming to the likeness of Christ my Son"

Reminded of what God the Father boomed to our three amigos, Peter James and John, when they saw Jesus being transfigured before their very eyes: "This is my Son whom I love. Listen to Him!"

Quiet time. A time to seek His face. For what purpose? To wait upon Him in the stillness of solitude, listening for any word that the Master might deign to speak. As a little boy prayed so long ago: "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening."

Reminded that one reason that God Os more interested in who we become, rather than what we do. For doing inevitably springs out of being.

Conforming to the image of Christ till He is fully formed within us. Not norming to the pattern of this world.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: