Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Critical Thing

Thrilling days ahead. Two boys performed for the skit today. One of them, Matthias, naturally enjoy acting. The other boy wants to try, but is quite shy and says negative things about himself. But when I asked for volunteers, he responded. And he spoke very well! :)

Can see how God is using this drama ministry to help the more shy ones find their voices - literally. To help those who want to try... have a chance to try. Who knows? Maybe this opportunity could be the seed for greater things to come.

:) So touching. And interestingly, all the kids who have volunteered so far are those whom I took care of back in Hopekinders in 2007 and 2008. :) So beautiful, how God allows our paths to converge and diverge and converge again. Seeing and hearing them grow... I realize that I have to adjust my perception of them as they mature. Last time they baby-talked... But now they talk with an increasing confidence and depth of understanding, that I sometimes feel like I'm talking with youths instead of primary 2 kids!

Growing in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and men. And... another 10 years...they will become the next generation of young leaders.

Well, I'm feeling excited again about ministry. Things are picking up... Misha is able to help out now that her O levels are over! Am training her to take over my role of directing, especially the art of directing kids. :D

And met this Canadian chap, Fran, who's working in my ex-company. It turns out that he has years of experience with dramas for children and musicals... And praise God, he's very willing to come down and watch us rehearse for the Christmas drama so that he can give us advice on children's drama. God's providence is so amazing!

Finally more scriptwriters are coming on board... And I've found myself editing and giving advice on how to write punchy scripts for kids. Surprised to see myself doing all these things. To find myself miraculously growing in competence.

So awed. So grateful, because I really am less than the least of all God's people...

So Christ. So not me.
So Ephesians 3:20-21
So glory to God!
So forever! Amen. :D

And you know what? The way things have been flowing... Somehow God has made it possible to slowly start up a boys-to-men ministry. Still ongoing, but yeah I do believe in the importance of building strong biblical men to fulfill the Great Commission. Thk God how He uses and unifies seemingly very different passions into a single calling. :)

Bit by bit... Cross-cultural drama to disciple and share the gospel... :) to tell the story of Jesus to children from every nation, tribe, people and language. :)

But the critical thing is not that my plans succeed, but that the world can see what God can do in and with and through a man who is totally consecrated to Him. (I'm not saying that I'm at that level of surrender - far from that!) As Proverbs reminds me: "A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How can anyone then understand his way?"

The critical thing is that the world see not the works of my plans, but see what God can do as I surrender my plans into His hands.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: