Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Things that God pointed out to me during my reflection on today's experience:
1. I'm a very UNRELIABLE person. E.g. I told my supervisor that I'd be in by 1130 to demo my project, but I overslept and reached only at 230. It's not so much how my sup reacts, but rather how he'll see this unreliability issue - which has serious consequences for the working world.

2. I'm a very DWELLING person. RF and Flince had told me before, don't keep on dwelling... and lots of other ppl too, in the form of "Guard your heart". I agree... I'm really a person who keeps on dwelling, and when pple tell me that I'm dwelling or warn me not to dwell, I start dwelling on the fact that I've dwelled or am going to dwell!

Gosh... think the Spirit put this verse in my mind:
Psalm 37:8b "...do not fret—it leads only to evil."

Wow, His word is incredibly precise. He knows I love to fret.

Oh, here's another translation (from the New Living Translation):
Stop your anger!
Turn from your rage!
Do not envy others--
it only leads to harm.

Hey... yeah, that is very true of me too.

3. However, feel very touched - I believe He affirmed me for my cheerful spirit during CG time - and doubly touching when I saw how He'd arranged for me to HAVE to leave the lab so that I'd be in time to join my dear CG for jogging. :D
Super-refreshing... Yeah! :D Want to go and have a cheerful spirit - it really brings joy to other ppl, and also helps communicate Christ's joy to them too. :D

4. Something I learnt experientially about God's affirmation - which is true affirmation: True affirmation has the effect of making the affirmee want to do the good thing even more - especially because the affirmee has the affirmation what he/she is doing is GOOD in GOD's eyes.

No comments: