Monday, February 13, 2006

Reflections in the morning

Just woke up... a lot of things going thru my mind as i pray.
But tink the most overriding thing is the thot abt what Peter told me yesterday.
Somehow... i feel a bit more reassured, bcos i've been worrying abt what this or that person thinks of me, and the accompanying negative memories and thots that flow and the feelings of dismay, with "i ought to do this and that, then that person will be happy."

God, sorry... i'm glad that You are near, listening to what i've to share. You know my deepest fears, my weaknesses and insecurities, and You sit there, the Ancient of Days, with all infinite wisdom, and all infinite power - to save and destroy, to transform and preserve... You are the LORD Almighty!

Think all those negative thots can be traced back to this habit of looking at (and blaming others) instead of looking harder at myself.

Search me, Lord, and know my heart
Test me and know my anxious thots.
See if there is any offensive way in me
and lead me in the way everlasting.

"Fear is self-centred." I remember this from the book "Christian Living vol. 1". Change my fear into love, Lord, I pray. I ask this in Jesus' most precious name, amen.

No comments: