Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hostel life

Now typing this in my room. Whoa, really want to thank God for such a good time in hostel... got to make some new friends, wif my neighbour - he's from Northeast China, and sister Tamar from Youth ministry (she's coming over to NUS ministry wif a whole bunch of other sisters v. soon).

Went room-to-room visiting wif QP, Mich, Tamar and Edwin on Monday or Tuesday (i think). Gosh, it was so fun! QP said, "Now this sem, Ridgeview is the place to be!" Yeah, 'cos imagine, being able to fellowship wif your bros n sisters n just chill out and chat at 1 am wif other hostel mates is really ... shiok! :D hahaha...

Must really thank God so much for His goodness... hostel life has helped me learn to take better care of myself, and in a way, assume more responsibility for my own life - transition to full-fledged adulthood. And after shopping for groceries 2 days ago, I'm really learning to appreciate my parents so so so much more... can really see how much they love me when they buy food for me and my sister, and simple things such as buying instant noodles for me to eat in hostel... Really really really want to thank God for them, realised it's not easy to take care of a family... hmm, haha 'cos in future I may want to start a family of my own too. =) 4 children would be good, yeah... but have'll to see what my bank account (and future wife) says. :)

Talking about children, children are indeed a blessing from God... hehe... ok learning to appreciate them too more and more. Actually, I feel quite shy around children, 'cos I don't really know how to handle/interact wif them... but I think wif more interaction and practice, I'll be able to bless them more.

Yet, at the same time it's not easy taking care of children. When I see the responsibilities of being a father... gosh, it's really a noble calling from God - and frankly, quite scary in a way... I'll be responsible for a whole life... and the sorrows and heartaches that will come my way. I know in a way... I remember how I behaved towards my parents when I wasn't a Christian last time... God, how much pain I caused them... really pray that I can be a good son to them in the years to come, to say "thank you" in a little way to them for all they've done for me all these years.

Oh, back to the title... ;) so hostel life is really fantastic, because I can also deco the interior of my room! You really should take a look at Tamar's room - it's BEAUTIFUL, the way she can deco... haha, so learnt a lot from her interior design skills. One of my dreams in future is to have a beautiful home that's large enough to accomodate an entire unit of brothers n sisters (that'll be about 20-30 people), and make it so sweet and comfortable for anyone who comes in, that he/she'll be ministered and refreshed. Really hope and pray that God'll use me and my future family to extend hospitality to both Christians and non-Christians with such a home. I've seen two such homes... wow, really want to learn more interior deco skills in the near future. Well, guess I can start with my own room. ;) So do come by for a visit anytime whenever you're free, dear friends; I've got food (but no drinks yet) for you! (Ridgeview Ext. Blk A, Room 807)

And on a lighter note, did you know that one jug of Dynamo detergent is cheaper ($3.10) than one bottle of Rejoice shampoo ($6.60)? Maybe I should use Dynamo to shampoo instead... ;D

Dynamo cleans your head like nothing else can.

No comments: