Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Do the best i can do EVEN if it's a sucky failure ;)

Thank You Lord, feel so grateful to You... 'cos woke up late - felt angry wif myself, started dwelling, etc. etc...

felt lost, confused, angry wif myself and annoyed, all at the same time, 'cos was rushing to pack my stuff to bring into hostel today AND the fact that i'm late for class AND my luggage weighs a ton AND i'll be making another donation to the taxi company. Grunted to God tt the way i plan my time is total crap...

But God is very gracious... Somehow remembered what Ruey Fong had told me before, tt one thing i tend to do is waste little pockets of times dwelling on things and decisions. And this little song came to mind too...

"Jesus knows our every weakness /
Take it to the Lord in prayer..."

Yeah... :D tk God, felt ... wouldn't say "refreshed" or even "encouraged"... tink it's more of "supported". :D it's like, I felt God was standing there, my Father, watching me pack this and that and look for this and that... and He's showing me and reminding me what to bring and NOT to bring... patiently guiding me to help me pack my things.

:D

then feel very touched! even though i was still quite frustrated inside, He patiently "brought" a taxi along at EXACTLY the same time, and when the taxi driver saw me lugging my luggage along, he stopped for me. hahah...

sorta like my Dad "called" the taxi for me in advance. really touched by God's patience, grace, kindness, mercy and compassion.

yeah... He IS like that. When He came down and stood there with Moses and proclaimed His name, the LORD (i.e. His identity), He proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness..." Yup, the God of the Old Testament is the same yesterday and today and forever. :D

Hey it struck me... stood there WITH Moses...

He was standing there with me too. I dunno how leh, i mean, no big cloud came down... (i'd be scared out of my socks if He did THAT.) But... He was there.

**************
To be honest, I don't know whether He was there before or not, or whether He was standing there all along, but one thing I do know - HE WAS THERE.

Bcos can't an omnipresent God choose where He wants to be and where NOT to be? (remember, He's omnipotent too...)
**************

Anyway, as I was saying:
So I chucked my luggage into my room, took the bus to my lecture room... and found it empty. checked with my classmate, checked the forum, and found out that there's no lesson today. Cheh... the lecturer nvr emailed us leh... :P haha... not that i mind anyway! ;D

Think something I learnt more abt God thru tis experience... He knows my every weakness... and the worse thing is that i don't even try to work on my weaknesses... but still, He is so full of grace... no wonder He tells us to rejoice in Him, no matter what the circumstances... even His disciplining us is all part of His perfect plans... just accept the fact i sin, make mistakes and blow things up big-time, do the best i can do EVEN if it's a sucky failure and rely on God's unmerited favour to do what i cannot do.

"All my regrets, all my acclaim
The joy and the pain, I'm making them Yours...

Lord, I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory...
"


Ok now i really need to plan my time ahead.... today is the day He has made, so will rejoice n be glad in it!!! :D YaY!!!

No comments: