Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ubuntu, Ubuntu, how do you do? Not very well, thank you - there's only FAT32...

Haha... I like this title... ;)

'Cos I was installing Ubuntu, a desktop edition of the Linux operating system yesterday - with a LOT of help from Weizhu...

Haha... he converted me to Ubuntu... after seeing Windows XP go through 3 Moores Laws' cycles... yah, WZ, XP really is history. ;) LOL

Anyway, "nuked" (i.e. reformatted, but "reformatted" sounds so boring leh...) my hard-disk finally... it felt fantastic at first, to have an opportunity to start afresh...

But in less than an hour, spyware and worms gate-crashed my defenceless laptop and merrily installed themselves onto my harddisk.

*sigh* 8 worms. :P 180degree Search Assistant. Etc, etc...

And oh yeah, seems like there's a little Sasser-type worm floating around... for helpless hosts like me. :P

<geek>
(To the tune of "3 Little Pigs")
Big Bad Worm: "Lsass.exe, Lsass.exe, let me in."
Lsass.exe: "Oh no no, not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!"
Big Bad Worm: "Then I'll hack, and I'll crack, and I'll flow your buffer down!"

You get the idea...
</geek>

No comments: