Thursday, September 8, 2005

Guard your heart...

Had a refreshing unit 242 just now. Learnt from Shirley abt God's Word being our filter... we had a Bible quiz + a practical session where we evaluated 3 statements to see if they're biblical.

Now in PGP TV room. Fell back on the sofa, wondering "What is my life going to be? Is this time in NUS meaningful?"
Felt quite worried. But need to jaga my heart, remembering what one bro told me yesterday (i'm paraphrasing him): "Don't let the wrong thots come into your heart."

Yes... need to guard my heart attitudes, and one way I need to do this is to use God's Word as a filter.
Two things Shirley told us:
1. Do I know enough of His Word?
2. Am I practising it?

Ha... in a way, I do know quite a bit of His Word... but it's only surface knowledge, facts.
Frankly, I don't understand the meaning behind what I do know.
So pt 1 applies to me - do I understand what His Word REALLY is saying?

And 2! Ha... plain and simple.

Prayed today after I went back from the 242. Prayed to God to commit this decision that I've made to Him, to help me take captive every thought, word and deed to obey Christ Jesus my Lord.

Yes... jaga my heart, 'cos out of it flows the wellspring of life.

Learning something new every day...

Still, there's this small fear in my heart, "Does my life really count for anything? And what I am doing really mean anything?"

Lord, I long to talk with You abt this, just to be in Your presence.
Was feeling very 'kan-cheong' about a lot of things,
but I know Jesus wants me to focus on Him, not my feelings or problems.
"Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

No comments: