Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jake The Cake’s Children’s Poetry

I came across this blog. I LOVE THIS BLOG! Full of fantastic children's poems... =D

A poem good for Valentine's Day...
Fire and Ice
Ice-Cube Boy and Fire Girl both fell in love at school.
He thought that she was really hot,
She thought that he was cool.
But when they tried to hug and kiss
her flame went “fizzle, pop and hiss!”
and Ice-Cube Boy was turned to steam,
evaporating with a scream.
Their parents cried “Our son!”, “Our daughter!”
“Nothing more than smoke and water,
Now it’s clear, it’s just a fact
that opposites should not attract!”
Paul Hughes 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)

hello.

Thanks for the plug. I don't write as many as I should, these days. I have a commission to write ten poems for an anthology (in the hope that one may get in) and am busily penning a novel. Will get down to writing this week and so a few more may go up. This poem is unfinished, I've decided. I don't like the second line. It should read "Ice cube boy thought she was hot.. and she thought he was cool."

Anyway, am rambling. Thanks!

Paul