Finally got two letters of commendation for two projects that I have been working on. Thank God so much for His grace indeed... I really don't deserve these little gifts from Him, and yet He gave me. =) the Lord has really been so kind to me... hee!
Hee... no, no... it's Jesus who did it well... I totally don't deserve these letters or even the good team that I'm in... but as it says in Psalm 115:1... "Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."
On Wedding Red Packets
-
Some years back: Someone: Little bird, how much are you giving A on his
wedding day? Little bird: $x. Someone: You what? Don’t you know the wedding
is held...
The Church is not the Answer
-
I was taught and once believed that the church (institution) was the answer
to our fallen world. So I would passionately invite those around me to
services...
-
Mr Lee Kuan Yew passed away on Monday morning, 0318 hrs. I woke up with
incoming messages to share about his passing away, and PM Lee’s immediate
speech ai...
Love After marriage (LAM)
-
We went for a 3-day marriage conference ran by Lorri & Barry Byrne from
Bethel. It was a conference that was life-changing. We learnt much about
our marria...
Many Firsts
-
Pictures speak a thousand words. Got quite busy with the little one the
past few weeks.
A quick update..
*Gross Motor Skills:*
The little one has finally...
-
"Whatever is built by the flesh will have to be maintained by the flesh.
Whatever is built by the Spirit will be maintained by the Spirit." We often
ask th...
Moved!
-
I’ve decided to move back to Blogspot as things seem easier, I and I don’t
really like the options WordPress is giving me. I’m just a simple guy.
http://el...
My Reflections on Pastoral Epistles
-
Pastoral Epistles is my last required module for my Master of Ministerial
Studies program. This is one reason this module has a special place in my
heart. ...
memorable 2011
-
I remember 2011 for a few key things:
Work was especially hectic and challenging for me dealing with the
different cases and balancing with handling projec...
why why why
-
Why do you keep asking whether I've bathed or eaten, as if I don't know how?
Why are you walking so slow, as if you've aged?
Why are you amazed at everything...
End
-
It has been a long time since I last wrote here. XP
I have read through all the posts I have written here and I have realized
one thing: they were good mem...
Teochew Muay
-
Joshua intro me to this makan place some weeks ago. We had a great time
with his leaders over many wonderful dishes.
Then last weekend, after water baptism...
'Fright' then Flight...
-
*Deu 32:10b-11*
*He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye,
like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young,...
back for a short while!
-
Oh well, it’s really been a long time since I last blogged. In fact, I
haven’t been online as often as I did in the past. Well, certainly, there
are reason...
This time with the Tree of Life
-
Post-COVID, in early 2022, I felt strongly that the world including the
Church had shifted! There were many theories about what changed—online
church was...
MLK on Loving, Not Liking, Our Enemies
-
Click Here for Audio David Bebbington is a British historian, perhaps best
known for his study of British evangelicalism. Although a loose,
decentralized...
Lazarus and Resurrection
-
A couple of weeks ago I was privileged to preach at my church on Lazarus’s
resuscitation. In case you are interested, here is a youtube recording. The
serm...
“Because I said so”
-
This is the quickest and most direct way to manage. In the short run,
compliance is predictable and might even be effective. Over time, it’s
always outdone...
Dead Boy’s Devoted Daddy
-
Editor’s Note: This will be my last post on Patheos. I am grateful for the
opportunity provided but I feel that my readers will be better served at an
ad-f...
You’re the Gardener of Your Life
-
A weekend spent going through “The Art of Hypnosis” workshop with Dr Roy
Hunter was really good for a practicing hypnotherapist like me. People ask
me why ...
All the world’s a stage…
-
These famous lines came from a monologue in William Shakespeare’s “As You
Like It” (Act 2, Scene 7) and if you are interested, you can pick it up
from All ...
Our 2nd road trip in Ecuador in 2014
-
Peiru and I rented a car and drove up to Volcano Cotopaxi. 🙂 We were
amazed by the scenery on the way and here is a photo of the snowy volcano:
Blessed to be a blessing
-
It was a privilege for us to revisit Cambodia and served together with
Youth Alive Ministry. Every time we visited Cambodia, we are able to
witness the God...
Migrating from and to Mastodon
-
In August I reflected on how the administrator of the Mastodon server I
used was calling it quits this month. I wondered then if I should bother
moving to ...
On Bad Choices
-
I watched yet another TV story where a (glamorous, sympathetic) core cast
person refuses to take down a huge villain because it would hurt one person
they...
Love Song for Singapore (2025 Edition)
-
This song was written way back in August 2008 for National Day 2008, by
Marc Nair and myself, for the mrbrown show podcast. And then we were
invited to per...
5 Design Lessons from Great Writers
-
I wish I didn’t find it so difficult to write. I’m much more of a visual
thinker, which is the reason why I became a designer. I’m constantly
looking fo...
Aug 31 - el recorrido - trip
-
[image: el recorrido]
el recorrido (rreh-koh-REE-doh) noun: Vamos a hacer un recorrido por el sur
de Italia esta primavera. - We are going to take a trip...
Jonny Weston Lands Lead Role in Mavericks
-
Walden Media is pleased to announce that Jonny Weston has been cast as
Santa Cruz surfing legend Jay Moriarity in the upcoming film Mavericks.
Mavericks ...
2 comments:
Well done! =)
Hee... no, no... it's Jesus who did it well... I totally don't deserve these letters or even the good team that I'm in... but as it says in Psalm 115:1...
"Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."
Hee! :)
Post a Comment