Friday, April 17, 2009

the center of our friendship

I read these lines just now from someone's blog. Very inspirational, bold and convicted words. =)
i promise to put God in the center of our friendship,i will not try to leave you a good impression of me by holding back from speaking up when i see your life off track.

i want you to love God more not love me more.
Am I purposefully putting Christ at the centre of my relationships, even if it means becoming lesser in the eyes of my friends?

"He must increase; I must decrease."

This is the heart's essence of discipleship, rich and radical to the core.

And I remember what Alan shared last time in Sub-D. About what our friendships are based upon. Are they merely based upon common interests, or positive feelings... or are they forged out of the battlefield of brotherhood, out of the sweat, blood and tears of fellowship? A radical commitment to loving God absolutely, and loving people as ourselves? A radical commitment to the truth, which lives in us and shall be with us forever?

To my close friends: Let's make Christ the Core and the Centre of our friendships... let's be bold and speak the truth to one another in love. Let's push the limits of our friendships, to help one another become more and more Christlike.

Let's not be tame, for that would only make us lame.
Let's not play games, for we can't remain the same.
Let's live for His fame, to live and be without blame.
And let's love one another in Jesus' name, for in Him is no shame.

No comments: