Monday, October 13, 2008

I think God has been speaking gently but persistently to me in my heart over the weekend.

Seems like He has been prompting me to get over my emotions and just move on. To do His will, no matter what.

Jesus' words in John 4 came to mind: "My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work. Do you not say, '4 months more and then the harvest? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for the harvest.'"

Again, it seems that so many circumstances, people, and of course, His words, have been stirring my heart.

Convicting me of the following areas:
-Need to be excellent in my ministry, serving God not because it's fun (even though it IS a lot of times!), but also when things are tough, because we're doing this for a Higher Calling.
-Need to discard my expectations of others, how they should respond to me... If Jesus Himself didn't come to be served, but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many... then what excuse do I have?
-And even though there are many times I just want to meet up with people to RECEIVE from them, be it advice or comfort or encouragement, or just enjoy time together... I realised that I need to give back too. To refresh other people.
-To live for the approval of God, not my leaders or people around me. That means I have to be a man of the truth, by the truth and for the truth.
-To sleep more. At the right times. :)

Not that I've not done all these... but I need to persevere in these areas. Not to slide back to my old sinful natural tendencies (which happens daily, actually). But to continually put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. To live up to what I have already attained - and beyond. To beat my body and make it my slave.

I guess everything that God has been prompting me can be summed up in this central verse that is - how to say - keeps burning in my heart. Yes, a burning deep within:
"I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds."

I don't know why, but it just keeps burning and burning my heart day after day. Hee. Thankful and grateful to God that I can experience Him, even in this way. It's a painful joy, but also a joyful pain. :)

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire."

So Saturday was a day of action for me. Doing some things that I'd been increasingly convicted to act upon, and also had a great time with Weizhu on Saturday. Not only receiving from him, but also giving back to him. And felt even more refreshed than if I'd only received from him. Whoa.

No comments: