Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Oops, looks like there's some uploading problem with Blogger the past few days.

Am now typing this in the NUS Central Library. Just came from my temp job briefing. :) Interesting stuff, working to convert XML stuff into MS Access format using Visual Basic. Haven't touched this stuff since NS days. :P

Just came across Yuantao's blog. Wow, he's really very encouraging... :D truly thank God for this very dear friend and bro in Christ! Truly, Christ's love knows no boundaries! :D

Hee, it's really been a joy and blessing to know YT. To be honest, I was slightly skeptical, when I heard that he'd received Christ, that he was really sincere, because I knew quite a few students from China who received Christ, but after that didn't want to commit to Him. But seeing his heart and sincerity to follow God, even when he struggled with his emotions at times, wow, I feel really encouraged, and personally, I think the Holy Spirit corrected me of my doubts, reminding me from Acts 10:34-35 of this truth:
"I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.


And I've been so encouraged by him every time I see him. :) Hee hee... wow, think God made him a very encouraging person... Truly, the love and wonders of God knows no nationalities, no limits, no boundaries!

Hee, reminded of this joyful song:
Lord You are good,
And Your mercy endures forever!
Lord You are good,
And Your mercy endures forever!

People from every nation and tongue
From generation to generation!
We worship You, hallelujah!
We worship You, for who You are...


:D :D :D

And oh! I got some wonderful news from Sijia - heard that Ruey Fong's testimony appeared in yesterday's copy of TODAY newspaper in an ad run by NUS... wow, what a wonderful way to shine for Christ! :D

Yah, and actually that made me start thinking. I realise that God has put a lot of potential in my life, but actually I'm quite afraid to exercise all this potential due to my fear of failure. RF told me before, "I think you believe in yourself too little." Yah... come to think of it, it's pride here in a way, because I'm afraid to fail and look stupid. And also partly because I'm very lazy. :(

It's not wrong for me to think well of myself, especially if it really is a strength or talent that God has given me... to think otherwise - well, there's something called false humility. :P Not that I could do this on my own, but it's remembering that God has given me the ability to do all this and that, and without Him, I can do nothing. Amen! But in Him... wow, we can do so many things.

And yet... as Hellen Keller once said, "By ourselves we can only do so little... but together, we can do so much." And I think that's the even more important thing that we need to remember. Peter advised me before, if you have a dream, a vision for God... you need to find someone else who has the same vision, who dreams the same hope as you do. For "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work."

God, thank You for Peter. :) It's really an encouragement as we both have the same dream... and help me do my own part too - to dare to do something bigger beyond myself. There's this DV triathlon coming along... I've been thinking of going for it. But oh, how? Really want to find someone else to do it together with.

Ah! I think I should pray about this! :) Silly me... I keep forgetting... thank God for His patience with me.

No comments: