Monday, September 13, 2004

Thought about Global Awareness...

Just a personal thought related to yesterday... Shirley shared with some of us before service about her feelings over the recent terrorist attacks... e.g. the Russian hostage crisis, and the extremely cruel things that some terrorists did to the children...



Was very touched by her heartfelt sharing, and something that she shared with us made me think... that after 9/11, we start getting more and more de-sentitised (sic?) to a crying world that is dying.



Help me, Lord, look beyond my own little world, and renew in me a heart of love and compassion for the lost...



To think about what I do to my fellow brothers and sisters... to my neighbour, the person next to me... and to do what is good in Your eyes, Lord... I know this is the starting point...



Mmm... also, was thinking, not just local awareness, but to start having a global awareness. We can't deny that increasingly, we are becoming more and more a part of a global community, and for us young Singaporeans, we tend to be pretty apathetic to what's going on with the outside world.



I remember what my church loves to say: "Think Globally, Act Locally!"



And it's a good slogan, 'cos God Himself is God of the whole wide world... frankly, globalisation was on His mind even before the world began - He who gave us the Great Commission: "...and you will be My witnesses... to the ends of the earth."



Help me, God, get out of my own little sandbox, my immaturity and to start acting upon what I know of You, Lord...



In Jesus' name,

Amen!

No comments: