Friday, May 7, 2010

The Unappreciated God

Was praying just now, taking a walk around Bras Basah. Then while praying in the Spirit, I think God whispered to me as I looked around at the greenery. =)

I think He said, "Look at the leaves I made. Aren't they nice?"

"Oh, yes, Lord, they are! You made them."

"Yes... and not many people appreciate these plants I made."

Ohh.... I think I know what He meant. Because I had shared with Him a couple of days back that I felt really depressed 'cos nobody seemed to appreciate my creative works. So I wasn't sure whether He really wanted me to be in the field of media. Besides, I wasn't sure how I can ever make it, in the field of people who are so much more skilled and talented than me.

But hee, thank God. I think He said, "Here's looking at you, kid!" He answered my uncertainties... and yah, I remember that He has made so many beautiful things... but honestly, very few of us stop to admire and appreciate His works... and to even affirm and praise God for what He has done, especially for the Bible, which He wrote. Gosh. And yet God is so big-hearted that He still keeps on creating and creating every day... He never grows tired of handcrafting each daisy, each cloud, each sunrise... each foetus. Yet, very few people stop to appreciate them. Only babies and little children are big-eyed enough to see and appreciate...

"How many are your works, O LORD!
In wisdom You made them all.
The earth is full of Your creatures."

Amen and amen. =)

No comments: