Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spent Sat evening with Weizhu. Very blessed. We had fun zeroing his Nerf Recon gun wiht the mil-grade rifle scope that he bought. Shiok lah... I asked WZ what HC thot about his Nerf hobby. Haha. :P

Oh, the zeroing operation was only a partial success. Seems like it's meant for real rifles, not popguns like Nerfs... sad lah haha.

Then went for a good ice-milo w him. And we talked abt BGR stuff. Haha. He's one of my "3 wise men" when it comes to all these... haha...

One qn that I had on my mind was abt if there's a sis whom I feel a lot of emotional attraction for... but might not fit my "checklist" e.g. vision might not be the same... and there's another sis who fits all my criteria (but i dun quite feel the emotional attraction...) then who to consider?

Haha. But from what we discussed... i've realised that it's not so much a cerebral thing. What's more impt ultimately is values and well, good ol' chemistry. Which reminds me of Ps Michael's simple advice to me... "Chemistry, Character (Values) and Compatibility of vision".

Anyway, one question I had in mind was whether, if I'm a feelings-based person, should I choose a logical spouse to complement my feelings-based personality? Or is it ok to choose a feelings-based spouse?

Actually, the analysis is simple... it's essentially a zero-sum game (in game theory parlance). 'Cos if you're a feeling-oriented person, and you have a feeling-oriented spouse... then if u're feeling down, your spouse can identify with you and support you, and vice-versa. So it's "double benefit". But... if both of you are very emotional... then jialat jialat. It'll be "double damage".

Of course, if one is logical and the other emotional, then the net benefit is kind of less... but of course balanced by the complementing...

So overall, no perfect spouse. Hahaha. Since the days of Adam and Eve. Looks like the Fall affected every kind of human relationships. We're like prickly porcupines. No wonder Christ really has to be at the centre of our relationships. Because only He is able to bring about the true lasting peace needed to settle disputes between homes, families and even entire nations.
Isaiah 2:4
He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

Micah 4:3
He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.
Double prophecies sia... :)

And WZ shared w me that for Adam, God would make a helper suitable for him... not the helper... the indefinite article haha.

So in the end, after pondering through all these, I realise that since all these factors balance each other out... I think what I can do is to commit this heart issue in prayer to God. Logic and reasoning can only go so far, and of course emotions are rather shaky grounds to make a life decision upon... so the best thing to do is think through my feelings and considerations, and bring all these things to God in prayer. And He will provide a helper suitable for me, as He pleases. :)

No comments: