Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Reading Psalm 145. I'm so touched by how good God is.

Think it's, as ever, so timely. Because I need reassurance from God that He really does care for me - even when I feel I cannot make it in so many areas - be it character, speech, life, deeds, love, faith, hope or anything else.

To be honest, I was struggling to trust God's heart for me the past few days. Thank God truly for Weizhu being a great listening ear, and his godly advice and understanding. It's rare to find many people who not only know what to share, but care - and not only care, but also know what to share.

I guess part of the poignancy comes from the reminder that I have so much to grow in thinking of others. To be honest, I still feel discouraged every time I'm reminded of this weakness of mine, and feel condemned in heart whenever I am reminded.

But Philippians reminds me to forget what lies behind, and press on. To work out my salvation with fear and trembling, for it is GOD who works in me to will and act according to His good purpose. And as Peter would remind me: It's a process.

Yup! Anyway, feel touched by Psalm 145. It promises me that Yahweh, the LORD, is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. He is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

Yes. I will trust the compassion and grace of God. I will rest in His patience with me, and rejoice in His love. He is the God of the Old Testament; He is the God of the New Testament. He is the same yesterday and today and forever.

And so will I praise Him... will I tell others of what He has done for me. I look forward to growing; not because I must, but because I want to be a better and better testimony for Him.

But it's not even for my own sake - it's to let Christ shine and work in my heart. To transform me, until we are all transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Surely will I testify of how He has already transformed me so much in patience, in kindness, in generosity, in faithfulness, in gentleness and in self-control. Though I am still far from perfet, yet will I still praise Him for the work He has already done in my life. And with this holy hope therefore, will I continue to strive on to grow in Christlikeness.

For He is my shield, my very great reward.

Yeah! Sometimes I wonder why I take so long to grow. But perhaps this is to demonstrate His unlimited patience, as an example for all those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life. Maybe the whole reason for my life is that if God can transform even someone like me... gosh! then there is indeed hope for the rest! Yay!

I love this passage very much. Often, when I feel discouraged, I recite this passage to myself, that Christ really came to save sinners like me.
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments: