Monday, March 9, 2009

Yesterday's service was very good. It was on the Word of God. One thing Ps Jeff said stayed with me: "[Studying the Word of God] is not sexy, but it's important!"

Aye-men. Yah, I bought a Bible study guide (Cover To Cover) on Philippians. Hon Loong asked me last time (back about 8 years ago) to do an expository study on Philippians. But I still haven't finished it. Win already lor... haha...

But yeah, over the past few months, I've been increasingly convicted - it must be the graceful work of the Holy Spirit in my heart - that I really must know and understand the Word of God. To study it properly. Not just anyhow whack, but ensure that I feed pure spiritual milk to my sheep.

Not to blindly assume, but to study the Word in its proper context.

Maybe one day I'll go for Bible seminary course... oh yah, I took HopeSem.

Even though it's all right to just attend the course without doing the assignments - i.e. treat the HopeSem courses as Word for Life lessons - personally, I decided that I want to try a bit more. To see if I can try getting an A for the module...

And I tell you, the good HopeSem people don't make it easy. Gracious, yes, but uncompromising. Tenderly feeding you tough stuff. Pushing you to think. 20% CA just for class participation alone!

Haha... brings me back to NUS days... =)

Realized that I'm actually getting closer to being able to get a HopeSem diploma. Gosh! Never imagined that it could be possible. I'm trying for the Diploma in Tent-making. Not sure if God'll call me one day to go plant a church overseas. (And truthfully, I feel super-inadequate and unready for such a big and noble task. Both in skills and character.)

But yeah, the least I can do is to start preparing myself. Gird up my loins, pack my mind full of Bible knowledge, dig in the trenches, stockpile the ammo and rations... to get ready to land on the beaches! :)

No comments: