Sunday, October 23, 2005

Simple beauties...

My dad gave me a whole box of Ferrero Rocher choccies just now! :D wow... really very touched by his act of love for me. :) Asked him why... he said, "I just bought it for you." And he smiled.

And then I think about our Father's sheer love for us... and I'm reminded of His gracious blessings to us. How many times has He just simply blessed us out of the sheer pleasure of His grace?

A beautiful flower that you saw today,
a brilliant rainbow reminding us of God's promise to humanity,
a cool breeze that sweeps the place clean and refreshes our souls...

The grace notes in a sweet piece of music,
the fresh smell of green grass after the morning's dew...
the golden gleam of sunlight as it hits your window panes...

A child's smile, an innocent gaze...
the spontaneous SMS that you get,
the surprise encouragement card that you receive...
the unexpected affirmation and cheerful smile that a friend gives you...
a mother's kiss, a father's hug...

Grace, how sweet the sound
For an unworthy wretch like me...

All reflecting the sheer love of God to His creation.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1a

No comments: