Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Trying to set up a Content Management System...

Right now, I'm busy trying to set up a blog management system for my volunteer club, Generation ACTS International. If you want to know more about this club, check out http://www.gen-acts.org.



Just to add a note: I joined this club back in 2001 and haven't looked back since. Got to know and network with lots of friends from different universities and faculties, and even countries - you tried Mexican "mole" before? haha... ¡es muy shiok! and also I got to learn Spanish from a very lively Mexican lady, Sofia Montejo.



(I still remember her Mexican-esque cheer... how did it go? "¡A LA VIO! ¡A LA VA! ¡A LA VIM-VOM-VAAA!" Wah, VERY powerful, especially when she yelled it in front of our class to demonstrate... haha...



When we asked her what that meant, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh, it means nothing." *gosh*... but still, that cheer SOUNDS very impressive! :D )




And I also got to help out with matriculation activities... the first time I tried leading a matriculation group, I felt terribly insecure. But I'm glad to God for that experience, because this helped me learn so much more about myself.



This year, Generation ACTS Club will be launching its Project ACTS groups for incoming university freshmen. Essentially it's about service-learning methodology... hmm, I need to find out more about what this "service-learning" thingy is about... heard it originated in the US... very powerful way of helping develop your leadership skills, that's what I understand.





Gosh, that was one LONG note. So far, I tried WordPress (http://wordpress.org), and it was really easy to install, BUT it doesn't support multiple blogs. :( So sad! Because I love its pretty user interface and ease of use.



So I'm investigating b2evolution (http://b2evolution.net/index.php) and NucleusCMS (http://nucleuscms.org/).



Will let you guys know more about my quest for the Ultimate Blog (TM). :) TTFN...

No comments: